About a week ago I was looking for some cool garlands to decorate my dorm room with, but when I couldn’t find any that I loved I thought why not just make my own!
All you’ll need for this DIY project is:
- colored string
- string or twine
- a fork (trust me on this one)
If you’re interested in making a tassel garland….
1. First wrap your choice of yarn around a piece of cardboard (I just found a box laying around my house and cut it) that is around 9 inches long. I wrapped my yarn around about 45-50 times to get my desired thickness.
2. Next, I pulled my yarn off of the cardboard and tied a knot around the center of it. Then I used scissors to cut off both ends.
3. After step 2 is complete, all that I had to do next is fold my yarn in half and tie another knot about 1/4 down.
This is what my pile of tassel garlands look like after watching about 5 episodes of FRIENDS (:
This is the finished look…
If your interested in making your own pom-pom garland….
This one is so easy to make!! Seriously though if you don’t consider yourself a very “crafty” person don’t worry about it because this pom-pom garland is super simple to make.
1. Wrap your desired colored yarn around a fork.
2. Tie a knot around the middle of your yarn while it’s still attached to the fork and then pull it off the fork
3. Cut off the ends at both sides and you’re practically finished! Pro Tip: for best results be sure to tidy up the edges with your scissors.
4. Attach a sewing needle to a piece of string, yarn, or twine and simply string it threw all of your pom-poms!
This is the finished look!
Hope this helps!